Renovating or remodelling your home is a great thing to do. First of all, it will make your home more comfortable and pleasurable to live in – and that’s important regardless of who you are or what you do for a living. Even more than that though, it will add value to your home as well – and that is important even if you don’t plan on selling it very soon.
And yet, home renovation and home remodelling can be extremely messy as well – and one of the messiest things you will have to deal with once everything is done is the so-called “after builders cleaning”. We all know house cleaning is almost never a very easy thing to do – but when it comes to builders cleaning, you might find that everything can be even more difficult to handle.
How do you deal with builders’ cleaning and home cleaning after a remodelling project? Do you call in the professional cleaners or do you choose to do it yourself? If you are not yet decided on what is best to do in this case, take a look at our following tips:
1. You don’t absolutely need to call for a professional cleaning agency. Builders’ cleaning is doable, but the worst thing about it is that you need a lot of time at your disposal to take care of it. First, you will have to sweep all the dust towards the windows so that you don’t simply move it around the house. Then, you will have to vacuum (multiple times) to remove as much of the builders’ dust you can. Once this is done, you will have to mop everything (but only when you have made sure that you have removed as much of the dust as possible).
2. In addition to this, you have to make sure to clean off the walls, the ceiling and the window sills as well. While this can be quite easily done by gently running a damp cloth over the walls and by vacuuming the window sills with a narrow nozzle, the truth is that everything can be extremely time consuming. However, if you really want to DIY when it comes to the post-remodelling house cleaning, you can definitely go for it because it is more than doable.
3. If you feel that you don’t have the time to go through the entire process on your own or if you simply feel that you cannot do all this on your own too, calling the cleaners can be a great thing to do. Of course, this might end up costing more than dealing with all the dust on your own, but on the good side, paying for a cleaning service can have its own benefits as well. Some of them include the following:
• Cleaning the walls, the bathroom, the rooms and all the other areas of the home that might have been affected by the remodelling mess
• Removing rubbish of all types (and this includes, of course, the debris)
• Cleaning off all the potential paint or cement marks from your home so that everything looks flawless
• Cleaning off the spots that might have been created during the renovation project
• Cleaning the external walls with a high pressure professional cleaning device
In the end, it is entirely up to you if you choose to call in the cleaning contractors or if you choose to do it all on your own. As mentioned before, each of these options comes with its own benefits – so put everything in balance and decide on what is best for you and your particular situation.